One 90 minute online session
In this single-day workshop you can expect to learn more about the following:
• perinatal mental health and how this impacts postpartum outcomes.
• how a woman’s trauma history may show up in the labor and delivery experience.
• how to create a trauma-sensitive birth plan.
• what to look for during a postpartum visit re: maternal mental health.
• how to develop professional relationships with mental health providers in your community so that you can make appropriate referrals for clients.
• the power dynamics in different birth settings, and how this may contribute to a laboring woman’s experience of empowerment in birth.
• why Western medicine is still a good, good thing.
• how to help a client share, and ultimately “reframe”, their birth story when it is a traumatic one.
• self-care for birth assistants when they have assisted in a traumatic birth.
• the role and benefit of support groups.
• appropriate scope of practice.
• and some other things..... 🤰🏻💫